Re: User Experience Engineering

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: User Experience Engineering
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 09:23:05 +0000

Riccardo Cohen wrote:

A question about that : is it possible to make a program that links with lilypond ? , in that case, it it quite easy for me to make a GUI with an editor, a "build" button and a pdf launcher (on mac&win&linux with wxWidgets). I do not like to launch external programs, but if there is no lilypond library, I can also make it through an "execute" (which is a bit more difficult).

Since Linux and Mac (through FreeBSD) are essentially command line based you can do whatever you want with scripts (to launch Lily or a PDF viewer) which can be called in many ways. In MS Windows you may need Cygwin or something.

Paul Scott