Sponsorship question; pdf files; captions

From: Linda Seltzer
Subject: Sponsorship question; pdf files; captions
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:16:08 -0500 (EST)

Happy New Year Friends,

Sponsorship
I tried to send e-mail to the sponsorship address and received an error
message.  Could someone please post information on sponsorship,
particular, the amount in US dollars, with information on paying by check
by U.S. air mail rather than paypal (last time I tried paypal it didn't
work and I received the error message weeks later with no reason given as
to why it didn't work).

PDF files
I haven't received replies on this, but one question I have is: what is
the difrerence between Adobe Acrobat and the reader that comes with a
Windows PC?  Does Acrobat provide the capability to convert a file from
.pdf format to a format that is readable as a picture in Microsoft word?
I also need to be able to specify the length of the picture.

CAPTIONS
In most textbooks in the US, the caption is *below* the musical example,
so the advice that I place the acption above the example is not useful.
Also, installing another editor is too much of a hassle.  Life is short
and I need user-friendly solutions that are quick and easy.