Re: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score

From: Magnus Lewis-Smith
Subject: Re: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:15:41 +1300

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:33:28 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Felix Hammer <address@hidden>
> Subject: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score
> To: address@hidden
>
> Hello.

> As you can see I have the violin-parts twice.
> To avoid senseless pagebreakings i have to make a lot of \break
> \noBreak and
> \noPageBreak in the violin-1-4.ly files for printing the solo part.
>
> But if i want to print the whole score (violin+piano) a cannot use
> the
> violin-part with \break \noBreak an \noPageBreak because they destroy
> the score-layout.
>
> So i have a "clean" violin-part for printing the score. But now i
> have to do  all changes for violin in to files :(
>
> Is there an option to ignore \break ... commands from the violin-part
> to print the score?

When I am transcribing music, I set up variables
  myBreak = \break      % comment out for final version
  myNoBreak = \noBreak  % comment out for final version
  %% myBreak = {}          % uncomment for final version
  %% myNoBreak = {}        % uncomment for final version
etc, which I liberally scatter throughout the code. Then I can switch to the no-op version when I want to turn the breaking off

Magnus