Problem with rehearsal marks

From: liang seng
Subject: Problem with rehearsal marks
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:00:50 +0000

Hi, I have a problem while using Lilypond 2.7.17 for Windows. Here is the file:

\version "2.7.17"
tutti =  \mark \markup{ \small TUTTI }
\relative {

\key c \major
\once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'padding = #4

\mark \markup { Allegro } \override Score.RehearsalMark #'padding = #2.5
<< R1 { s16\tutti } >> R1 R1 R1 }

Here, I'm using the override command to prevent the Allegro rehearsal mark from clashing with the treble clef. I also used \once because I do not want Allegro and "TUTTI" rehearsal marks to be in the same height as they could overlap each other (not in the example, but when there are more bars of music in the line, they will). I then used the override command to lengthen the distance of the "TUTTI" rehearsal mark from the music. I did not use \once as I would like all the subsequent rehearsal marks to be on the same height. I also used a variable to specify tutti as there are many tutti marks in the piece and it would be a hassle to type each one of them using \mark. However, as you can see, the second override command doesn't seem to have any effect on the position of "TUTTI". Is there an explanation to this?