Re: pango problem with lilypond 2.7

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: pango problem with lilypond 2.7
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:30:37 +0100

Michael Porcaro wrote:
"You have sucessfully compiled and installed LilyPond, then?"

Correct, it installs fine, without force.

"The reason I asked about python, is that when building/installing
LilyPond python runs lilypond with generated file names.  I did
not recognize the name"

Yes, I should have mentioned that lilypond installs without a problem.

"You suspect pango.  Have you checked your pango installation?  What
pango version do you have?  Do other pango programs (eg, gedit) work?"

Yes I think pango is the culprit.

Pango 1.2 seems to work the best (I installed it through Yum, and the
highest version it installs is 1.2)  I can't install pango 1.6 or
greater without force, because it complains about me missing glib 2.4.

You can try upgrading to 1.4 or 1.6 by getting a .src.rpm from fedora, and doing

  rpmbuild --rebuild pango-X.src.rpm

and if that succeeds, installing the newly created RPMs.