Scribus - alternative to lilybook?

From: Arthur Dyck
Subject: Scribus - alternative to lilybook?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:44:30 -0500

I haven't seen anything on this list about Scribus, a linux-based desktop
publishing program.  I have been playing with it and it has some interesting
features.  Basically, you define your page size with borders and then create
text or image boxes for your input.  You can import lilypond pdf images
directly into your image box.  You can then put transparent text boxes on top
of your image allowing you to do anykind of markup anywhere.  I wouldn't
recommend it for a an ordinary sheet of music, but I think it adds some
interesting possibilites.  I am trying to learn how to use it and how to use
Lilypond at the same time as I'm working on a liturgy, so it's making for
some long -- but fun -- days.

Arthur