Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?

From: Marc Weber
Subject: Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:20:16 +0200

(Sorry Daniel for sending this mail to you privatly.. I've pressed the
wrong reply key..)

Translating getting-started.html and windows.html in site/install/ I got
these questions:

 Why is it a must to install cygwin to default install directory
 c:\cygwin\ ?

 What about the native version of lilypond without cygwin?

 In getting-started there is this text:
   The easiest option for  Windows users is the    <a
   href="windows.html">drag &amp; drop approach</a>.
 with a reference to windows.html.
 But the approach listed there is double clicking on the .ly file ??
 Where is the conjunction to drag & drop??
 Is this also called this way? I know the term drag & drop as while
 klicking moving the mouse to move some object somwhere else..

 getting-started.html (cvs) contains the information how to run editor
 and how to compile twice.. but the online version doesn't.. (?)
 .. Is this intended?

 "All logos and product images are copyright and trademark
 acknowledged."
 What does trademark acknowledged mean?

 I've now translated all "delivery" pages (priority 1).
 My de folder is zipped 45kb. Shall I post it here?

Marc