Re: Figured Bass Above Bass line

From: Trent J
Subject: Re: Figured Bass Above Bass line
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:27:35 +1000

Thanks Laura,

I've been to the muptopia site, but unfortunately it's a matter of finding a score typeset with the current version your working on. Convert-ly does some of the job but then there some manual recoding that needs to be done, which can prove just as scarey as starting with a blank file. (I must admit it was a steep learning curve installing python and using the python scripts in the 2.6 windows version).

I suppose the template site would become a bit of a white elephant having to continully reformat code for each version of lilypond as it evolves. I guess that's why the examples in the manual and regression test are usually on the simple side.

Meanwhile I haven't seen much music typeset and published via lilypond.The most comprehensive example I have seen is Handel's - Guilo Cesare... but unfortunately the code is so old that it doesn't help with producing scores with current versions of lilypond.

We are lucky that there are such people who are readily able to help those of us who can into trouble every now and again.

Thanks again to all..

Trent