Re: Alternative Fingerings

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Alternative Fingerings
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:39:40 -0700

On 18-Jun-05, at 6:19 PM, Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves wrote:

I am writing a violin score and I need to include alternative fingering for a specific note, like this

e^0^4.

The problem is that I need to markup the 4 as (4). I've searched the manual but I didn't find an answer.

Use text markup to do it.  It'll be something like

e^\markup{ \rows { { \fingering 0 } { \fingering \bracket 4 } } }

I'm sure that won't work, but it should give you enough hints to find the right
commands in "Overview of text markup commands".

Cheers,
- Graham