Re: LilyPond and FreeBSD

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LilyPond and FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:30:02 -0700

On 17-Jun-05, at 12:45 PM, Basil Crow wrote:

Assuming that I have user (not root) access to a FreeBSD system with compilers, etc., could I get LilyPond running? I could contact the box's maintainer and ask for the dependencies to be installed in order for me to be able to compile LilyPond into my home directory. But what are LilyPond's current dependencies for FreeBSD, and is it possible to compile it into one's home directory in this way?

Yes, absolutely. Specify the target dir with ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/usr
(assuming that's where you want to install it).

As for dependencies, see the INSTALL docs. (I know they can all be satisfied in freebsd, since I installed lilypond on freebsd recently, but I can't remember
everything I installed)

Cheers,
- Graham