Re: Violin Fingering and Tempo

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Violin Fingering and Tempo
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:47:46 +0200

"Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves" wrote:
Hi all!

I want to write a finger number under/over a note and include a horizontal
line, after the number, that spans to the next 3 notes. How can I do this?

See the section on Text Spanners in the manual.
The default is to get a dashed line, but I think the intention is
that you should get a solid line if you set
\override TextSpanner #'style = #'line
However, this doesn't happen (at least not in the latest 2.5.xx), so
I have sent a bug report.

What is the correct way of printing the tempo indication over the time
signature? I've tried \markup{ \hspace #-4.0 Adagio } on the first note. It
seems to me that this relative position could be changed if something on the
score is changed. Is there a cleaner way of doing this?

I would probably use
\mark \markup{...}
before the first note, to typeset the indication before the first note
(and only above the top stave of the score).

   /Mats