Re: Placing turn between notes

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Placing turn between notes
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:55:12 +0200

lilypond <address@hidden>
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:03:13 +0200
Mats wrote:
> (Donald)
> > Anyway I am a bit confused about why the turn did not appear
> > between the notes c' and des'
>
> Do you mean vertically? Or that it's partly above the flat?

I mean horizontally.

I have produced an example, which is a bit more realistic than the
previously sent, which explains how I understand the meaning of
positioning a turn between notes. I hope the examples are realistic
enough to be of some help. I have placed the source on
http://d-axel.dk/pub/music/

Thank you - to all - for such a nice mailing list and such nice
notes from a computer-system.

Example from the literature (what an ugly link, sorry):

http://chopin.lib.uchicago.edu/gsdl/cgi-bin/library?e=d-000-00---0chopin--00-0-0-0prompt-10---4---Document---0-1l--1-en-Zz-1---50-home---001-001-1-0utfZz-8-0&a=d&cl=&d=CHOP122.6

Rondo pour le piano, op. 1, bar 7, and seque; and another, perhaps
better example, is the last non blank page with recapitulation.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~gwp/chopinregister.html

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel