Re: ossia and adding a label

From: Sterling Sympatico
Subject: Re: ossia and adding a label
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:38:45 -0400

Hi,

I have figured out how to set up my two-part choral score to include an
ostinato line in the middle for a few bars.  This is a percussive piece
(no melody).

I set:

Ostinato = \drummode {
         \repeat "unfold" 4 {some percussion}
         }

groupOne = \drummode {
         \override Score.BarNumber #'padding = #2
         \set Staff.instrument = " Group One "
         bd sn etc..
         }

groupTwo = \drummode {
         \set Staff.instrument = " Group Two "
         bd sn etc..
         <<
                { sn bd r4 sn | etc... }
                \context DrumStaff =
                Ostinato  { << \global \Ostinato >> }

        bd sn more groupTwo stuff
        }

\score { \context ChoirStaff <<
       \context DrumStaff =
       groupOne { << \global \groupOne >> }
       \context DrumStaff =
       groupTwo { << \global \groupTwo >> }

}

So, all works - I even padded my barnumbers up so they wouldn't clash
with the ChoirStaff.  I can't seem to get the Ostinato line to have
"Ostinato" appear before it as I had "Group One" and "Group Two" appear
before their repective staves.  Is this even possible?  I tried
inserting the appropriate command at different places in the cile but to
no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Sterling MacNay