Re: Newer version for FreeBSD

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: Newer version for FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all!

I have been using Lilypond now for about 9 months, and have printed out a number of different scores for various purposes. The program works great!! I've had relatively little difficulty tweaking the files to produce what I want.

But being a non-geek, I am very much dependent on the ports version (2.2.2). I realise it's possible to install stuff in FreeBSD from other sources, but I'm the type of person who belongs in the "Parents don't try this without supervision" category. Anything I try on my own usually wrecks several more things that were just fine before ...

So. I've been watching ports for some time now, hoping that Lilypond would be upgraded there. I have tried writing to the maintainer listed there as well. To no avail. Is there anybody out there running FreeBSD 5.3 or thereabouts who could take the time to place a newer -- stable -- version in ports? Or who could step-by-step guide us non-geeks in the successful installation of a newer version on our machine?

Blessings,

Father Gordon Gilbert+

        |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |
        |       Rev. Fr. Gordon Gilbert & Susan Gilbert       |
        |                   705-549-5056                      |
        |                address@hidden                  |
        |                address@hidden                 |