Re: Saving a file in Utf-8

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Saving a file in Utf-8
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 11:40:55 +0200

On Sat, 28 May 2005 20:00:09 -0500
Rob wrote:

> I downloaded jEdit, and that seems to work fine for UTF-8.  From
> what I gathered, jEdit says that the Word files were saved in
> UTF-8Y, which puts a Byte Order Mark at the beginning of the
> file.  I'm guessing that's why they didn't work with Lilypond.

I thing you need to use plain text files. UTF-8 is the same as
multi-byte international character set.

If you need UTF-8, find out whether your Latex and Lilypond
program set supports UTF-8. Otherwise you can use for example
Latin-1 with Lilypond and company.

As a rule of thumb, do some research before posting a question,
or wait until you feel almost desperate;-)

>From your posting quoted above it seems to me that you need
some basic guidance into character set handling.

Regards/Donald Axel
--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel