Re: Is there an RPM

From: Mark Healey
Subject: Re: Is there an RPM
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:59:57 -0700

Jamie Bullock wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 06:19 -0700, Mark Healey wrote:

Jamie Bullock wrote:

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 09:45 -0700, Mark Healey wrote:

I'm running Fedora Core 3 and would like to install Lillypond. It looks like it is a nightmare of dependencies. I'd like to use yum to install it. Is there an RPM for the current version?

> I use the PlanetCCRMA RPM from:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/packages.html
>
> If you do a lot of audio work, it might be worth considering CCRMA
> anyway.
>
> Jamie

Thanks, I downloaded it and the dependencies listed. When I tried: (wrapping introduced by my text editor)

address@hidden mark]# rpm -ivh lilypond-2.4.5-1.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm

I got:

error: Failed dependencies:
ec-fonts-mftraced is needed by lilypond-2.4.5-1.rhfc3.ccrma.i386

None of the archives I checked have an RPM for this. Where is it?

And, Are there any more dependencies that aren't listed?

When you say archives, do you mean apt repositories? If you use apt, it
will automatically resolve all the dependencies for you, that is why I
recommended CCRMA.

I was hoping to avoid using apt for fear of getting updates all out of sync by using two package management systems. Since I'm already using yum and up2date I figured that I would just stick to them.

ec-fonts-mftraced is in the repository. If you want
to go down this route, you need to follow the instructions at:

I guess I'll just have to keep downloading rpms and installing them individually.

Thanks.

--
Mark Healey
address@hidden