Re: Spacing around tempo marker

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Spacing around tempo marker
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:56:18 +0200

   I answered this directly to Randy but not to the list (sorry, my mistake).

On Thu,  5 May 2005 08:15:54 -0400 (EDT)
Randy wrote:

> My tempo marker is being placed too close to the staff lines -
> it interferes with some of the stems on the beginning notes.  Is
> there any way to control the amount of space below the tempo
> marker?

   I recently got the solution from Mats Bengtsson.

   Solution (I have my tempo in the piano right hand:)

manusdextra = {
   \clef treble
   \key g \minor
   \time 4/4
   \override Score.MetronomeMark #'padding = #'3.0
   \tempo 4=92  %% initial tempo must be in midi-section-command
                %% in order for it to influence the midi-generation.