Improve TabStaff readability : solid white box under fret number

From: SPORN David
Subject: Improve TabStaff readability : solid white box under fret number
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:54:30 +0200

Hello,

When using TabStaff, fret numbers are written over a line staff. It's still readable, but I think the result would be better if the line staff could be locally erased (and in the magazine, tablatures are displayed this way)

The most obvious way to me would be to draw a solid white box (corresponding to the number's box) before drawing the fret number. I saw in the archive that color support is not planed because usually music sheets are printed in black on white, but I think that supporting the white color would be appropriate.

But doing it by tweaking the tex script generated by lilypond is not an option for me, I would prefer do the tweaking in the lilypond script, like overriding an engraver print function with something like "(make-box-markup (number->string mark))" (snippet taken from "5.15.3 Rehearsal marks").

Thanks in advance

--
David SPORN (Poste 4336)