Re: building Lilypond 2.4.6 on Ubuntu 4.10 : problem with mftrace option

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: building Lilypond 2.4.6 on Ubuntu 4.10 : problem with mftrace option [+ workaround]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:00:53 +0200

SPORN David wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday I finally managed to build Lilypond 2.4.6. First I could get all the dependancies libs and software through regular repositories (Ubuntu + universe + multiverse) with synaptic, except texinfo (I can have only 4.6, 4.7 required). Since texinfo is for building the manual, I will rely the website, so that's not blocking. I just had to tweak the configure script to change "4.7" to "4.6".

On the other hand, during the build process, there was a problem with mftrace. I have a newer version than the one required, and it seems that the "--formats=pfa" is not supported anymore, but "--pfa" instead. So I modified 3 files : GNUmakefile in ./mf, a python script (in ./buildscript, but can't remember which one) an a rule file in ./stepmake. (I think that you might find the file using 'find . -exec grep -il "formats=" {} \;')

Actually, I think it's the other way around. Everything in the LilyPond
files has been updated to correspond to mftrace version 1.1.0 or later,
but they have forgot to document this change in INSTALL.txt.
So, upgrading to a newer version of mftrace which accepts --formats=
is probably a better solution for you.

   /Mats