Invisible bars

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Invisible bars
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:15:15 -0300

I'm looking for a way to white out skipped bars in a score...
I have seen the staff-container.ly example, but it's kind of awkward
syntactially. I'd like to just have a staffcontext where skipped bars
(\skip n) is not drawn. Could the function used to remove staffs without
anything "important" in also be used for bars, somehow? Or could I hook
into StaffSymbol print function and from there white out single bars??

Does anyone have a solution for this?

using 2.5.20...
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-