RE: Interesting numerology

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: Interesting numerology
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:13:57 -0500

Erik -

Thanks for the response.  I do Windows, so lag the versions.

Since starting this thread, I've discovered a way that works, tediously, in
2.4.3, by setting in a global \paper block:

betweensystempadding = -.10\in % negative
betweensystemspace   = 0.90\in % less than 1.0, by trial

Then in a \layout block within each \score, stretching vertical distances
with:

\context { \Staff minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-7.4 . 7.4) } % arguments by
trial

Don't analytically understand how these parameters interact to provide what
control.

                                                    - Bruce