installation OSX 10.3.

From: Alan Fabian
Subject: installation OSX 10.3.
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 01:03:40 +0200

This is Alan. Clarence Barlow told me I should check out lilypond and so I do. I downloaded the fink stuff and installed it. All I have on my HD is now a directory called "sw" with endless directories.
On the website there is said one should enable the "unstable" tree in fink, how shell I do that? Where can I do that? What does that mean? And if one executes "fink selfupdate" what does THAT mean? Is it an Internet update or what?

Actually I am very interested to work with Lilypond because I need the text interface, so I would change from working with Finale to Lilypond - if I get it installed!?

Thank you for help,
Alan