2.5.18 bar line thickness error(?)

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: 2.5.18 bar line thickness error(?)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:46:45 -0500

Mac OS X, 10.3.8, Lilypond v. 2.5.18 through Fink

I have been coding a number of Bach chorals as brass quartet pieces. I am using a staff group arrangement. With version 2.5.18, the bar lines between staves is slightly thicker than the bar line within the stave. The difference is especially evident at the ends of the systems. A final bar line, \bar "|." has a wavy appearance.

This was (and is) not the case with v. 2.5.17, to which version I have reverted. Is this a bug or a feature?

Stan