to remove empty rhythmic staffs

From: Jose Miguel Pasini
Subject: to remove empty rhythmic staffs
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:04:39 -0500

Dear friends,

I tried to apply \RemoveEmptyStaffContext to a RhythmicStaff but it didn't work, so I simply added the following lines to engraver-init.ly right after the definition of RemoveEmptyStaffContext:

RemoveEmptyRhythmicStaffContext= \context {
    \RhythmicStaff
    \remove "Axis_group_engraver"
    \consists "Hara_kiri_engraver"
    \override Beam #'auto-knee-gap = #'()
}

It worked fine. Maybe you'll add this in a new release (or a better solution). Of course, even better could be to remove not only completely empty systems, but also individual empty measures.

Thanks for a great program,

Jose Miguel Pasini