lilypond install mac os x

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: lilypond install mac os x
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:31:48 +0100

On 20 feb 2005, at 12:47, Libero Mureddu wrote:

Hi!
I've just finished a shorter version of the previous tutorial on how to install lily on Mac.
Do you think is it good now?

Great article. To me it seems you've found the right balance between being concise and still verbose enough to indicate all the steps. I must confess however, that for me the previous installation instructions were perfect. So I might not be the best judge of your article.

I have also some screenshots.

The screenshots are nice too, only it took me a few moments to recognize your terminal.app. It wasn't green on black and slightly transparent as all terminals should be ;-) It might be a good idea to just take the default terminal settings. 40x25 black on white, no history buffer so as to make the terminal.app as less daunting as possiple. It's only a small visual issue, but hey, we're on the Mac here :-)

kind regards,

Arjan Bos

---
It was funny how people were people everywhere you went, even if the people concerned weren't the people the people who made up the phrase "people are people everywhere" had traditionally thought of as people. And even if you weren't virtuous, as you had been brought up to understand the term, you did like to see virtue in other people, provided it didn't cost you anything.

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)

---
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before you break 'em.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)