Re: Adding performance notes (text) to score?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Adding performance notes (text) to score?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:16:44 +0100

Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
Hey all,

Is there a way to add performance notes in lilypond? I want to add two or three lines of text below the staff at a certain point or create footnotes at the bottom of the
page.

I recommend to take a look at lilypond-book, using LaTeX for the
text typesetting, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Integrating-LaTeX-and-music.html

As an aside, how can I produce a jagged line along the staff?
This is typically used as a way to indicate a fingernail scraping
across a guitar string. I put in a \glissando with a \markup indicating what I wanted but would prefer the jagged line if possible.

Do you means something like what's shown at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Running-trills.html
but without the "tr"?
Then you can use a Text Spanner, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Text-spanners.html