Re: How do I stop Adobe Acrobat from popping up?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How do I stop Adobe Acrobat from popping up?
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:32:34 +0100

Now, this is a LilyPond question, so I left out the other
mailing lists.

First of all, why do you call LilyPond using a DOS command?
- If you actually run the command from a DOS prompt, I definitely
  recommend you to use the Cygwin prompt instead, where you use
  the command 'lilypond' to just process the file. If you need
  an introduction to what can be done in a Cygwin command prompt,
  check the documentation at www.cygwin.com or some introductory
  text on LINUX or UNIX.
- If what you really want to do is to redefine what happens when
  you double-click a .ly file, then I think your question makes
  more sense. The easiest solution is to edit the script
  /usr/bin/lily-wins. It's written in the Python language
  (www.python.org), but it shouldn't be that hard to decipher
  the basic steps if you are familiar to some kind of programming.
  For example, to prevent that it starts Acrobat, just comment out
  the final line of the script.
- If what you really want is to call LilyPond from within some
  script you have written yourself, you could try any of the
  approaches, either to edit lily-wins or to write the full script
  in some language that can be run from within Cygwin instead,
  such as Perl or Python or Bash or whatever.

   /Mats

Josh Don wrote:
If --png -m -o etc don't work on windows, at least tell me this...
How do I stop Adobe Acrobat from popping up?
I am calling LilyPond like this:
C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c  "/usr/bin/lily-wins C:/t.ly"
any help to get the command line options going would also be appreciated
thanks.
josh don

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing