Bar lines. Was: Lilypond pieces already entered

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Bar lines. Was: Lilypond pieces already entered
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:17:47 +0100

Gordon Gilbert wrote:
And about the bar lines -- I've not had a great deal of success with them, and prefer automatic setting of barlines.

What problems have you experienced? Of course you should let LilyPond
find the bar line positions automatically, but the idea of the bar
checks '|' is to help you find typing mistakes. If you have inserted
bar checks where you expect the bar lines to be and LilyPond finds out
that the rhythm doesn't match, it will print out a warning and tell you
in what bar you have the error. I've found this invaluable since it's
very easy to make mistakes when typing in a piece.

   /Mats