How to do custom titles

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: How to do custom titles
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:42:37 +0100

Hello List.

This question is for Lilypond 2.4.2.

Does it really have to be so complicated to do custom titles? In version 2.2.5
it was possible to just change titledefs.tex but that doesn't seem to work
anymore. I understand that you are supposed to write a (fairly complicated)
Scheme procedure to do this, but how do I hook it so it is used?

I'm trying this now:

\include "bagpipe-title.scm"
\layout {
  #(define-public book-title bagpipe-book-title)
  #(define-public score-title bagpipe-book-title)
}

where bagpipe-title.scm at the moment is exactly the same as the definintions
for opera music that can be found in the list archive. But this doesn't work -
the custom definitions are not used. And, yes, I *do* want the book-title and
score-title to look the same.

--
P/S Sven Axelsson, The Murray Pipes & Drums of Gothenburg, Sweden