[Fwd: Re: My first serious work (and NO bug :-) )]

From: Luis G.
Subject: [Fwd: Re: My first serious work (and NO bug :-) )]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:29:42 -0500

Again I forgot to send to the list... I apologize :-)
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: My first serious work (and NO bug :-) ) Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:44:43 -0500
Hi!!! :-)

Thank you very much for your advices; I will follow them! :-)

El dom, 26-12-2004 a las 23:44, Graham Percival escribió:
> On 24-Dec-04, at 11:53 AM, Luis G. López wrote:
> > To make the beams "go further" I'm using a hidden note; but:
> > 1) It is heard in the midi file, and if I replace it with a rest, it
> > doesn't get hidden. And if I use a \skip, it doesn't get beamed.
>
> I'm not certain I understand this.  Why do you want to make
> beams "go further"?  Do you want something like this?
>
> {
>    c8[ r c r]
> }

It's difficult to explain why I want this... its a "contemporary piece"
(I think that says all...hehe). Seriously: It's the only way I found to
show the durations of each note. I mean, each note of the right hand
must sound "during" the beam. That's why I need the beam to "go
further".
I have no rests in that staff; I would need something like this:
{
        c8[ s]
}
But doesn't work...
So I tried:
{
        c8[ c  \hideNotes c] \unHideNotes
}
But I have two problems here:
- The note is heard in the midi file (that's not big deal; I can erase
it by hand latter)
- The beam ends a bit earlier than I want (just a 1/16th note earlier).

Did you get the .png I sent some days ago? Here you can see exactly want
I want to get.

Thank you very much,

Luis :-)

--- End Message ---