Re: Problem running configure with 2.4.2 (ec-fonts-mftraced)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problem running configure with 2.4.2 (ec-fonts-mftraced)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:20:58 +0100

You didn't say what the command
printenv TEXMF
returns, which I think is the most critical issue.

   /Mats

Herman Grootaers wrote:
On Monday 13 December 2004 10:55, you wrote:

First of all, run the command 'texhash' as root to make sure that the
TeX file name database is up to date (it should be done by the
installation scripts, but you never know).

Secondly, I see from the output you get when running lilypond -V,
that the LilyPond files should be installed below
/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.5.3/
on your machine. Make sure that the file feta20.afm really is
installed in
/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.5.3/fonts/afm/feta20.afm

Also, if you tried the commands in a shell that was open before
the installation, the environment variable settings in
/etc/profile.d/lilypond.sh
have not been done. So, in a shell opened after the installation,
make sure that the environment variable TEXMF is set (I won't tell
you here what value it should have, since that will depend on your
machine).

Thanks Mats, but this did not solve my problem.

I did start looking in my system and found that texhash is a link to mktexlsr, which I did run.

I also checked that all the fonts are in the correct directory, but when I checked the ls-R-database I came to an unplaesant surprise:
===
address@hidden texmf]# ls -l
totaal 4
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 105 dec 13 13:33 ls-R
address@hidden texmf]# pwd
/usr/local/share/texmf
address@hidden texmf]# more ls-R
% ls-R -- filename database for kpathsea; do not change this line.
./:
.:
ls-R
lsR.PtVaJx

./lsR.PtVaJx:
===

The other ls-R-databases are in order, so there is someting strange going on. texmf is a directory in /usr/local/share, together with lilypond causing texhash to fail in creating the database, because the database should be build with lilypond included, or do I miss something now?

Greetings,
Herman

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing