tetex-beta and lilypond

From: Christian Ebert
Subject: tetex-beta and lilypond
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:33:02 +0100

Hello everybody,

Has anybody got lilypond working with the current tetex-beta?

I am working on MacOS 10.3.6 and for the moment I can use
Matthias Neeracher's fink port, but this means that I have to
keep two tetex systems and juggle a lot of environment variables
because the port is based on stable tetex from fink and usually I
work with a current tetex-beta. In the long run however I'd much
prefer lilypond with my self compiled current tetex beta.

Thanks to Matthias' fink patches and a few tweaks (creating
symlinks inimf -> mf, inimpost -> mpost and dumping an additional
mf-nowin format 'mf-nowin mf-nowin - mf.ini') I was able to build
lilypond-2.5.0 successfully. But lilypond chokes on building
either the docs or one of the examples and complains that it
can't find "tex156.enc".

My guesses would be that this is either due to the fact that the
TDS has changed in tetex-beta (e.g. font mappings are now in
fonts/map/dvips instead of dvips) and some of lilypond's code is
hardwired independently of kpathsea (I configured
--with-kpathsea-[include/lib]=DIR) or, even worse, that it's
almost impossible to get it working because all latex stuff in
the beta is based on pdftex (e.g. etex ist not a separate binary
any more but just a link to pdfetex).

Ideas anyone?

                               --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/>