Re: who uses lilypond

From: Justin Findlay
Subject: Re: who uses lilypond
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:40:01 -0700

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:38:22 +0200, Aaron <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wasn't sure I think that publishers probably already have legacy apps
> they use not lilypond.

What kind of legacy apps are there?  Any MusicTeX front ends?  All
I've ever seen are Finale and Sibelius, and some other budget programs
from the mid-90s era.  I've also seen editions from different
publishers of the same music that looked like they were photocopies of
the same engraving.  Among the typesetting programs, though, I think
lilypond has the nicest typeface.

> what do you use lilypond for.

Everything. (-:

Justin