Re: makam notation

From: Andreas von Heydwolff
Subject: Re: makam notation
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 12:12:44 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
As long as you use the accidentals that are already defined
in LilyPond, you can easily typeset key signatures with any
combintation of sharps, flats, double sharps and double flats,
see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/input/regression/out-www/collated-files.html#key-signature-scordatura.ly

However, it gets trickier as soon as you need additional symbols,
since these are not available in the font.

   /Mats

Thanks, Mats, that was helpful.

A detail from the page led me via google to http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg02414.html

I'll contact the user who posed the question (and who seems to live in Vienna like me) and perhaps report further developments. It seems that the simple accidentals are no problem, and about the fonts perhaps something can be done later.

-- Andreas