Re: lilypond-book, making tune books, page breaks

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book, making tune books, page breaks
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:09:37 +0200

If you are running on Cygwin, this is a known bug in lilypond-book.
One temporary workaround is to add the option
\begin[linewidth=15cm]{lilypond}
\end{lilypond}
You have to live with some warnings from lilypond-book, but it works.

For the titling, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-01/msg00455.html
on an ugly trick to do it with lilypond (the bug mentioned has been
fixed). With lilypond-book, you can also get the ordinary titling
by adding
\input{titledefs}
before \begin{document}
and
\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{}
before each LilyPond example. The solution that is described in the
lilypond-book manual doesn't work for the moment due to a bug but
will be fixed in version 2.2.3.

    /Mats

Randall J Elzinga wrote:
Hello lilypond users,

More questions from the new guy.

I tried using lilypond-book on a tex file. The music prints only on one line, so, in dvi terms, there is one (very) overfull hbox. It is also rather crowded, with almost no space between notes, etc. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong?

Is there a (straightforward) way to make tune books using lilypond? I've been putting each tune in a separate Score context, but the title, arranger, etc. only displays for the first header. The only header fields that can be used more than once, as far as I can tell, are the piece and opus fields, but they don't really do what I want them to (eg. I want tune titles to be centred, rather than on the left)

How does one force a page break? I tried using \newpage, but it either has no effect, or causes errors.

Randy.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems