Re: variable stave distances in piano-staves

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: variable stave distances in piano-staves
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:27:28 +0200

Hello list, hello Kili,

You wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:55:37PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > > Can You tell me, wether it is possible or not to determine more than one
> > > line to change the distance?
> > [ ... ]
> > I'll work on this in a few days, so stay tuned.
>
> Here it is. Terrible, ugly, imperformant, nearly unusable, but it works:
> replcate the definition of futz-alignment-callback in the documentation
> sample by the following: function:

It works, and this is enough. ;-)

Terrible, ugly, imperformant, nearly unusable?:
I put the "hack" in an extra file to read in, if required, so in the
lilypond source file only lines like the following

    \with {
      verticalAlignmentChildCallback = #(futz-alignment-callback '(
        (11 . 16.5)
        (12 . 16)
      ))
    }

are necessary.

> Since this is rather unstable (one changed linebreak after editing
> and you're in the wrong staff) I recommend to do that finetuning after
> everything else has been typed in.

Unstable?:
I think, only if I DID everything else, it is possible to see, in which
lines changes of staffheight are good or not.
Or is there any other unstability?

So, if there isn't:
For what I wanted to do, this "hack" works excellent, and I won't be
able to create a hack like this by myself.

Thank You very much! :)

Best Regards           Roland