extender lines not showing up

From: Blake Garretson
Subject: extender lines not showing up
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:28:46 -0500

I was experimenting with the example file 'lyric-combine-new.ly' and I
noticed something strange.  If you add extender lines to the lyrics
under the melismata, the extender lines do not show up after the lyrics
on the stanzas where the "\set ignoreMelismata = ##t" is not used.

Here is what I changed:

    \lyricsto "bla" \lyrics \new Lyrics { bla __ ab __ blob blob }
    \lyricsto "bla" \lyrics \new Lyrics {
    bla __
    \set ignoreMelismata = ##t
    blob
    %% note: effect of ignoreMelismata delayed one time step.
    \unset ignoreMelismata
    blob __
    blob
    }
    \lyricsto "bla" \lyrics \new Lyrics { nes __ ted __
        lyrics voice with more words than no tes } >>

What is going on here?  I am using 2.1.26.

--
Blake Garretson --- http://blakeg.freeshell.org