Re: having trouble finding a packaged version of Lilypond

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: having trouble finding a packaged version of Lilypond
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:50:58 -0700

Paul Scott wrote:

Peter Dobratz wrote:

Hi all,

I first started using Lilypond during the 1.4.x days.  Looking over
some of my sources that I was in the middle of updating for Mutopia I
My primary system is Debian Unstable (i386), but the only version
available in the archive is 2.1.0 (which I assume is quite out of date
by now).

It's not clear how recent a version you want. I am running Debian unstable and I use the latest version, now 2.1.21, thanks to either Pedro Kroeger or Ferenc Wagner. This information is available by simply going to the Lily web site, http://lilypond.org/web/index.html and clicking on Download here under the version you want under 'News'. You will find the lines for your sources.list so you can apt-get.

I should add that whenever you find a version that is solid enough you might save the deb from your /var/cache/apt/archives so you can go back to if something that you need breaks in the next version. I am currently holding onto 2.1.14 until I am sure that 2.1.21 will do what I need. The intermediate versions were broken for something I needed.

Paul