RE: Score spacing.

From: Ralph Little
Subject: RE: Score spacing.
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:09:37 -0000

Hi,
Thanks for that.
I have resorted to lilypond-book in the end to squeeze the maximum
amount of space from the paper, which wasn't as painful as I thought it
would be!

My main problem seems to be that If I look at professionally produced
stuff, within a system, the staves are always equidistant. I presume
that somebody has taken the trouble to make sure everything fits and
doesn't overlap within this regime when they placed all of the dynamics
and stuff not in-staff. That way there are no vertical spacing issues.

With that in mind, is there an easy way of "locking" the interstaff
distance within a system so that all pages are consistent, even given
that there may be overlaps which I can correct by tweaking?

I know this is a bit naughty, but I'm sure that a consistently spaced
score page is more pleasing to the eye than one that squeezes and
stretches to requirement from page to page.

Regards,
Ralph