Re: Debian (Woody) packages for Lilypond 2.1.12

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: Re: Debian (Woody) packages for Lilypond 2.1.12
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:34:56 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Ferenc Wagner wrote:

> Binary packages of LilyPond 2.1.9 for Debian Woody are
> available at
>
> http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/lilypond
>
> The previous 2.1.6 conditions apply with respect to the
> geometry LaTeX package.  This package is made a little bit
> differently than the previous ones, please report any
> anomalies.  Also do not forget to convert-ly your sources,
> the paperXX includes are gone.  I will try to silence the
> SyntaxWarnings in the next package.
>
>    Thanks to the developers for releasing so fast my old
>           machine can hardly keep up compiling! :)

Hello Feri,

Thanks to you too for keeping the Debian Woody package up to date!

> Survey of the day:
>
> * Should I include the required version of geometry.sty?  If
>   yes, how?
>   - as a diversion against tetex-extra
>   - as a Replaces:
>   - one of the above in a new deb
>   - some other way I have no idea of (explain, please).

I manually installed the geometry package as per your earlier
recommendations, so everything works fine here.  Unfortunately I don't
know enough about the Debian packaging methods to make any helpful
suggestions as to how best to deal with the need for the requied new
geometry LaTeX package.

> * Should I make the user shell source lilypond-login or
>   lilypond-profile?  If yes, how?
>   - some way I have no idea of (explain, please).

I've not done anything with lilypond-profile or lilypond-login and
everything works fine none-the-less.   What is the reason for sourcing
lilypond-profile?  (FWIW, I'm running the bash shell).

                                 Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!