scum in my Lilypond

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: scum in my Lilypond
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:49:28 -0500

Hello, all --

I think I messed up my installation of Lilypond...  =(

I decided to configure my UNIX environment (with aliases, etc.) -- immediately afterward, 'lilypond' was no longer available as an alias.

Furthermore, running '/sw/bin/lilypond -P myFile.ly' now gives me this:

lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.0.1
lilypond: error: `kpsexpand \$TEXMF' failed (127)
lilypond: error: The error log is as follows:
sh: kpsexpand: command not found

Since it took HOURS (literally -- over 5!) the first time I installed Lilypond, I was hoping there'd be a quick fix out there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.