Re: skip whole measure without using duration

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: skip whole measure without using duration
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:02:22 +0100

Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
Hello, all!

Is there a way to skip a whole measure -- regardless of time signature -- without specifying the duration of the skip?

I'm thinking of the case where one defines the time signature in a global block:

    global = \notes
    {
        \time 7/4 s4*7
        \time 2/2 s2*2*5
        \time 9/4 s4*9
        %% and so on...
    }

Instead, I think it would be great to be able to say 's' by itself to indicate an entire measure:

    global = \notes
    {
        \time 7/4 s
        \time 2/2 s*5
        \time 9/4 s
        %% and so on...
    }

Is this possible already? If not, what's the protocol for submitting a feature request?

It's not possible to do today, at least not with such a simple syntax.
However, I'm sure some of my colleagues on this mailing list are able
to write a few lines of Scheme code such that you can get exactly the
same functionality with almost as simple syntax.

Regarding feature requests, you just wrote one. However, it may
be even better to send it to bug-lilypond instead.

   /Mats