Accidental text in score

From: Terje Tjervaag
Subject: Accidental text in score
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:33:00 +0200

Hi,

Sorry if this is covered in the manual, I can't find it anywhere. Is it possible to insert pieces of text anywhere within the score? I'm thinking about comments and whatnot and it would be useful to be able to place them wherever. If this is not possible, what are the possibilities in Lilypond regarding comments and other information along the lines of the score?

I also have a question about fingering information. Is it possible to have two sets of fingering informations, one above and one below the lines to signify the left and right hand respectively? And is it possible to replace the numbers in the fingering notation by letters so t=thumb, i=index and so on?

Thanks!

--
Terje

"Life begins when you can spend your spare time programming instead of
watching television."
-- Cal Keegan