Re: Style sheets

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Style sheets
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:50:22 -0400

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 05:31 pm, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 September 2003 12:29 pm, Ralph Little wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Thanks, that all seems fine.
> >
> > I think the vast majority of what I want to do to make life easier
> > is to set some appropriately "nice" fonts globally and make up some
> > shortcuts for my favourite markups.
> >
> > I will have a fiddle and see what pops up.
>
> If you flatfile an example using lyinclude (on my website) or
> lyinclude2 (I have a link),
> users can grab what they want from that.  That's a
> simpler way of proceeding, IMHO.

I considered adding a comment string to indicate where
a file was read in, but rejected that idea.  It would
be far better to put appropriate comments in "mymacs4.ly"
or whatever you want to call yours, sort of like this:

%{ ~/bin/mymacs4.ly  For inclusion in xxx.ly files
Contents:
    global typefaces
    italic headers
    etc.......
Command in xxx.ly file:  \include "~/bin/mymacs.ly"
%}
xxxxxxx (your stuff, with comments)
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
% end of included mymacs4.ly.

I think that's a better way of explaining what is going on,
and it encourages constant evolution and improvement.
Another approach is to put *everything*
in mymacs.ly and then comment out/in what you do/don't want to use
*after* reading it into the xxx.ly file.  These are not either/or
ideas.  daveA

--
Br`er Fox told Br`er Rabbit that the Tar Baby had dissed him, and Fox
made a