Re: font sizes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font sizes
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:04:48 +0200

The problem is that the fonts themselves are not available
in larger sizes by default. Even though it would be fairly
simple to define a larger size font by just scaling it up,
the result would probably look fairly ugly. When the font
size is increase, you should preferably reduce the thickness
of lines and maybe change some other proportions in order to
get a beautiful result.

If you really want a larger size font, you could play with
the font-magnification property. Unfortunately, I'm afraid
you have to apply it separately to every graphical object
that you want to amplify, for example NoteHead, Clef, Rest
and so on.

An alternative is to scale the resulting PS or PDF file,
just make sure that you use the Type1 fonts then:
ly2dvi -p

   /Mats

address@hidden wrote:
hello all,

is it possible to define a greater font size than 26?
we've already tried to rewrite the paperXX.ly files,
however we seem not to be lucky.

has anyone already had such a problem?

many thanks in advance, and also thanks
for such a wonderfull tool,