lyrics and font-selection

From: Fulko van Westrenen
Subject: lyrics and font-selection
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:44:58 +0200

Hello,

I hacked Perl-script to select the font of a lyric.
You can select and change the font at any point in the
lyric. It is very simple and limited, but usefull for some purposes.
The selection is done by adding comment-strings to the lyric,
like this:

text = \lyrics {
%\beginlyric
%\textrm
This is a song
%\textbf
Very loud
%\textit
Some -- times odd
%\endlyric
}

After running lilypond you need to run the script to make a new,
modified tex-file, with the correct fonts.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Fulko