Re: special rests [2]

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: special rests [2]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:29:58 +0100

Fulko van Westrenen wrote:

I have a question about the tenuto symbol. The bar is very thin. How can I get
a fatter one?

It's actually hard coded in the font. Of course, you could use a bar
from some other TeX font if you wish.

Font selection seems difficult. Is it possible to let ly2dvi make a .tex file?

It's easier to set the font in the .ly file directly.
By default, Lilypond only knows about the CM fonts
(with the choice of different size, series, shape and family).
However, you can choose any LaTeX font by specifying its name
(unfortunately, the low-level TeX name, Lilypond doesn't understand
about NFSS2):

\property Lyrics.LyricText \override #'font-name = #"pplr8r"

Note that font-name will override all other font-* properties.

   /Mats