Possible bug

From: Beldon Dominello
Subject: Possible bug
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:50:46 -0500

I have a piece of music which is in 12/8 time.  For the sake of clarity, the
phrase I am trying to score consists of an eigth note f' tied to a quarter
note f' followed by an eigth note g' tied to a dotted quarter g'.  This whole
phrase, I'd like to enclose in a phrasing slur.

I have tried every permutation of ties, slurs, phrasing slurs, notes, and
anythinbg else I can think of and Lilypond refuses to parse it.  What I have
done in the interim is slur the quarter noe f' to the eigth note g', which at
least keeps the score clear and get's the phrasing right with the text.

Can anyone help me with this issue, or is there in fact a bug that I've
managed to find?  I am using Lilypond 1.6.7 compiled from source on SuSE 8.1.

Thanks!

        -Beldon

--
        A disciple of another sect once came to Drescher as he was
eating his morning meal.  "I would like to give you this personality