Re: Text markup within scores

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Text markup within scores
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:08:17 +0100

In addition to the previous answer; if you find the default layout that
ly2dvi gives you too limited or ugly, I recommend to use lilypond-book,
which lets you include your score in an ordinary LaTeX document, so you
get full freedom to design the page layout as you wish.

   /Mats

Beldon Dominello wrote:
after my last embarrassing question I was somewhat reluctant to ask this one :-) However, I cannot seem to find the answer in any of the manuals on-line so if they are there, please point me to them.

Anyway, I am scoring an original musical that was written by two friends of mine (http://www.lintmusical.com. I'm playing bass for the productions but I have the best scoring skills of the crew so it fell to me. I've been using this opportunity to learn lilypond and it's been fantastic! We're working on publishing the work and we need professional-quality scores to do the publishing. Happily, lilypond fits the bill nicely so-- before I go on to my question-- thanks so much to the developers for a great Free Software program! I only wish my coding skills were better so I could help in the development.

My question is how to get LaTeX formatting into scores. For instance, I want the title to display the title in large bold on the first line (which it does quite nicely) followed by the words "from the musical" on the next line, and the title "Lint! The Musical" underlined on the next line. Maybe even the authors names on another line. I know enough LaTeX to format these lines, but simply embedding the markup into the text lines doesn't seem to work.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

        -Beldon

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems