Re: Upgrading

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Upgrading
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:08:53 -0800

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:59:31 -0100
address@hidden wrote:
> On 20-Dec-02 Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > First of all, I hope you have tried to use convert-ly to upgrade
> > your files to the new Lilypond version. Unfortunately, it will not
> > handle everything, but most of the features should work fine.
>
> It is a pitty this routine did not want to handle my files. It told me it
> could not determine the version (how it could, there is no
> "version"-definition inside!). But, the main part of the conversion consists
> of the replacements ";" -> "" and "\clef x" -> "\clef x \major" and it can be
> done quite quickly.

I'm confused -- do you have a \version "1.x.y" inside your file?  If not, why
not
add that and let convert-ly do its stuff?

> > Next, go to www.lilypond.org, click on Search (in the left column)
> > and search lilypond.org for, e.g., voiceone to find out that it's
> > not called \voiceOne
>
> I have found out not the names of the macros have changed. In the older
> version, the \voiceOne had automatically its stems up. In this version, both
> \voiceOne and \voiceTwo have their stems down, and I have found nothing to
> alter it (\stemUp seems not to work in this case). Do you know something
> about this feature?

I just did a quick test (on 1.6.6) and \voiceOne makes stems up.  What version
are you using?  Maybe you used the \voiceOne command somewhere where Lilypond
wasn't expecting it.  Both \voiceOne and \voiceTwo work well on my system.
(debian/testing, Lilypond 1.6.6)

Cheers,
- Graham